Irish Business Schools admission officers are delighted to help students find suitable accommodation in Dublin. Hostels, families and apartments are all inspected and recommended by our staff. Please discuss your requirements in advance with your Admissions Officer.
Staying with a Host Family
Staying with a host family in Dublin is one of the best ways to experience the famed Irish hospitality first-hand. Many students find it extremely rewarding to stay with a local family, immersing themselves into the culture and daily life of Dublin and its people. It also provides the perfect opportunity to improve your English by practicing it in a natural everyday context.
IBSD’s Admissions Officers will help students find suitable accommodation for you before you arrive in Dublin. We visit all our host families to ensure the family and the house meets our exacting standards. All accommodation must be located convenient to the school, by foot, bicycle, bus or luas tramline. The family must be friendly, welcoming and provide a clean, safe and secure home to our students. They sometimes have pets, so you need to let us know if you have any allergies. Some families offer bed and breakfast only, some also provide an evening meal.
Students can expect their host family accommodation to provide the following, but this differs from family to family!
- Your own private room for either yourself alone, or your friend. You will not be asked to share with a family member!
- An Irish welcome
- How all the household appliances work, TV, Satellite etc
- Directions to Irish Business School
- Information about the local shops, bars, restaurants and other local facilities
- Explanation on how to do your washing and ironing
- Home study facilities – desk and chair
- Ample storage space for your clothes, wardrobe and drawers
- Bathroom/washing facilities
- Time to spend with the family at meals, watching TV together etc, to allow you to practice your English
Self Catering Apartments
Hostel and Guesthouse Accommodation
There are numerous hostels located throughout Dublin City where students can stay for short to medium length stays. Accommodation varies from shared dorms to private rooms. Most hostels provide breakfast daily and some have cooking facilities. Life in a Dublin hostel can be great fun, and may students return to the same one year after year. We are happy to help book suitable places to stay – please discuss with your admissions officer.
Irish Business School Dublin – Hostel Accommodation
Irish Business School Dublin – Accommodation Prices
*Please note these are average prices and can vary.
Alternatively check with