Student Orientation – “Fresher Fridays”
We have created an in-depth “Welcome” program for all our students arriving at Irish Business School Dublin called “Fresher Fridays”. We will provide you with all the information you need to live and study in Dublin.
We like to ensure that all our students settle into the Irish ways of life, get to know their way around and learn about their new “home away from home”. Irish culture is different to almost every other culture in the world, but is actually quite easy to become part of.
Fresher Friday can include the following, according to the course you are enrolled in, and how long you will stay in Ireland:-
- Explanation of Fresher!! (Freshman – meaning new person in a university system!)
- Welcome to Irish Business School Dublin
- Presentation of BSD Student Handbook
- Explanation of timetables
- Student Cards, where to get one and its value
- AIB Bank personnel will open your bank account for you on campus
- How to prepare for your classes
- Discussion on medical and travel insurance
- Campus services and locations of Cafe etc
- Health & Safety for you and your colleagues
- Dublin transport systems
- Working in Ireland – where to go to find and job, immigration regulations, tips about working practices etc.
- Department of Immigration rules and services Finding accommodation in Dublin
- Do’s and Don’ts of living in Dublin/Ireland
- Ireland and Irish people – What Dublin is all about! – Pubs, Shops, Places to go
This is the time to meet your fellow students, ask questions and have fun!